OptiFine 1.16.5/1.16.4/1.16.3 is a client-side mod for Minecraft which improves performance and gives you a little bit more control over how the game looks and behaves in some cases especially on some low performance systems.
Optifine can actually mean the difference between playing with a decent 60 fps and playing with about 10fps or 15fps. For some people it really is a very helpful mod and it’s worth being downloaded.
This is to be considered as a tool because it can really improve the way you play minecraft and in terms of aesthetic makes the game looks better. We have the bedrock edition and java edition and both versions have a slightly different changes.
The java edition works very good and pretty well on low-end systems and even on old-pc. Optifine at this moment is an essential tool to improve and smooth your minecraft experience.
📥 Download Optifine 1.16.5/1.16.4/1.16.3
You will be redirected to download the mod, make sure you have read the installation tutorial to properly enjoy the mod.
Attention: Sometimes the browser can block the download so it is recommended to disable the antivirus before downloading.
Download Optifine 1.16.5/1.16.4/1.16.3
⚙️How to Install the OptiFine Mod for Minecraft
In order to install this mod on your Mac or Windows PC you will need to download the respectively JAR file of Optifine.
Now you will need to know where your pc have stored Minecraft’s file on your hard drive. This is easy just open the launcher again and click the launch options tab, then click Latest Release tab.
After it the game directory tool will show you the location of those files. Once you found those files follow these steps:
- Just double click the respectively setup file that you downloaded, then the installation window will display and you will be taken to enter a folder for the Optifine installation.
- Click the button that shows you the default directory (the one with three dots on it). Then browse the folder which contains the minecraft installation. This should be Optifine’s directory
- Once you finish click the install and wait a bit to the mod installed on your pc
- After Optifine is installed you only have to open the Minecraft launcher normally and click ‘installations’ tab, then hit the option ‘new’.
- Next step is to click on the version drop-down box and select the optifine option.
- Finally just hit the create button and now you are able to run the mod.
The most recent versions of Optifine from 1.14.4 do not need to do the steps 4 to 6, it already comes with an Optifine profile created automatically in your launcher.
If for some reason you have a bug with this mod you can report your error here.
What is Minecraft OptiFine?
Optifine 1.16.2 is basically a tool that improves the visual settings and Minecraft performance. It can make the game run faster on some computers and enhances those visual features like lighting, rendering, system, details and texture’s quality.
Optifine is a unique mod among others in that is not actually reliant upon Minecraft forge 1.16.2. It can be added to the forge mod pack like other minecraft mods. This mod comes in three versions, lite, standard, and ultra. Every version has it own features and advantages.
Many of Optifine’s performance and visual features can be configured through the option ‘Video Settings’ in the options menu. Some of these features are:
- Fog gains some quality when we toggle them.
- The smooth lighting increases a bit when it is toggled.
- You can change texture packs in-game instead of reloading a world.
- It can render snow under fences and snow or grass can visually cover full blocks rather than just their top sides.
- Options like ‘Dynamic lighting, Dynamic updates and chunk updates can be found on this mod.
- It includes an option known as ‘Fast math’ what causes to use more optimization in rendering process to further increase the FPS rate.
- And much more…!
Compatibility with Minecraft 1.16.3 and 1.16
Optifine 1.16.3 is compatible with Forge 1.16.3, Optifabric and Fastcraft and if you use both mods with Optifine you will improve your gameplay experience much more.
Optifine also works well with shaders pack like KUDA Shaders 1.16, SEUS Shaders 1.16, BSL Shaders 1.16 and much others with no problems and issues between them and Optifine.
This is a simple tool that in most cases doesn’t affect or conflict with other mods installed and you won’t have problems while running this and other mods.
Will there be more updates?
You may be wondering if this is the final update for 2020? And the truth is that nobody knows, everything depends on mojang, if Minecraft is updated then the mod must also be updated, for example yesterday the game was updated to 1.16 but today it has already been updated to 1.16.2.
Versions you can expect:
|Optifine 1.16||June 23, 2020|
|Optifine 1.16.1||June 24, 2020|
|Optifine 1.16.2||August 21, 2020|
OptiFine 1.16.3_HD_U_G3 - not working: antialiasing and anisotropic filtering - fixed smart animations with glowing entities on fire - fixed glowing entities with shaders (#4700) - added loading screen blend mode (#4712) - fixed custom mooshroom mushrooms (#3481) - right click selects previous value in shader options (#4706) - fixed Mojang logo smoothing (#4337) - fixed banner with emissive textures (#4707) - added CEM for piglin, piglin_brute and zombified_piglin (#4600) - fixed chunks not loading with render distance > 36 (#4261) - added more steps for shaders render quality (#4556) - fixed dolphin CEM (#3051) - fixed server connection with java 9+ (#3773, #3959, #4656, #4667) - added Forge license (#4654) - fixed biome handling with shaders (#4687) - fixed biome handling (#4681, #4658, #4668) - fixed leaking resource on startup (#4678) - fixed option VSync (#4680) - fixed soul flame particles (#4642) - added shaders uniform playerMood (#4650) - fixed white/black screen with shaders (#4640) - updated to 1.16.2 - compatible with Forge 33.0.20 (28.08.2020)
Increase your FPS with OptiFine
With these recommendations you will increase your FPS while using Optifine 1.16, be sure of toggling the recommended options for this setup work properly on your pc.
Go to the options and Access to Video settings, then you will see a menu with some options on it. Now the settings should be.
- Graphics: Fast (This will change the appearance of leaves, cloud, etc. and it makes the game faster)
- Don’t forget to always use VBOs: ON
- VBO is an alternative rendering model which in many cases is faster than default rendering.
Now on ‘Quality’ settings it should be in this way:
- Better Grass: OFF
- Clear Water: OFF
- Custom fonts: OFF
- Connected textures: Fancy
- Swamp colors: OFF
- Dynamic lights: OFF
- Custom Sky: OFF
- Antialiasing setting should be always OFF
- Better Snow: OFF
- Random Mobs: ON
- Smooth Biomes: ON
- Custom Colors: ON
- Custom Items: ON
- Natura Textures: OFF
Now on the ‘Performance’ tab you should configure this way:
- Smooth FPS: ON
- Fast Rendering: ON
- Update of chunks: 1
- Lazy Chunk Loading: OFF
- Fast Math: OFF
- Dynamic updates: OFF
Now continue to ‘Details’ Tab
- Note that this setting is just for players that generally play in fullscreen. In the ‘Animations’ tab just put on/off Minecraft’s animation but if you want a FPS improve just set all of them OFF.
Now moving to ‘Other’ tab there are not settings needed to be changed because it is more aesthetic only.
This is the recommended setup for Optifine if you want a lot of FPS while playing. With a medium spec PC you can achieve like 70-80 fps and with a really good PC you should get like 120+ FPS.
Improve your gaming experience
This is an amazing tool that will allow every Minecraft player to improve their gameplay and the way of how we see this game, we have to consider that is necessary to have medium specs at least to run this mod properly or at least with it’s main features.
This doesn’t mean that low spec pc’s cannot run this mod, for sure it can run this mod but if want a smoother experience some pc upgrades are needed to take advantage of this mod as it finest. A very useful mod without any doubt.